Penn State Data Center
Assist Construction of a New 2-story 2MW 66,000 Square Foot Data Center Lighthouse Electric was in Charge of BIM and led coordination among trades
This 2 story, 66,000 sq. ft. facility is a redundant data center along with the Lighthouse constructed data center at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. It contains a data center, office area, and support rooms.
- Installed Two Pad-mounted, Liquid-filled, Medium Voltage Transformers, including primary (medium voltage 12.47kV) and secondary (low voltage – 480V) cable terminations.
- Set (2) 2MW Standby diesel generation systems and (1) 2.5MW Standby diesel generator system.
- Installed all Medium Voltage Pad-Mounted Switchgear with metering cabinets.
- Pulled and terminated all Medium Voltage cable.
- Installed all Low-Voltage Switchgear ("Smart Substations").
- Installed (2) 750kW and (2) 500kW UPS Systems including batteries and maintenance bypass switchgear and battery monitoring.
- Installed (10) 300KVA Power Distribution Units (PDUs) servicing Starline Track Busway at Data Space.
- Installed Multiple 480V Switchboards.
- Installed Fire Alarm and VESDA Systems.
- Provided Level 5 commissioning support.
CONSTRUCTED - 2016
Lighthouse Electric Company, Inc.