Penn State Hershey Data Center
Scope: Design – Assist Construction of a New 2-story 2.5MW 55,000 Square foot Data Center
Lighthouse Electric was in Charge of BIM and led coordination among trades. Lighthouse added value to the owner by being a part of the design and fabrication team, for a seismic strut ceiling system. This system installa on added a cost savings along with additional future support options. This is part of a redundant data center with the Lighthouse constructed data center at the Penn State main campus in State College
- Extension of the High Voltage duct bank for redundant feeds from substation.
- Two, Medium Voltage Switches.
- Two, 2500 KVA transformers.
- Two, 2.5MW Generators.
- Seventeen, Automatic Transfer Switches.
- Seismic Strut Ceiling System (Value engineered / Design-assist and installation).
- Power Distribution Unit (PDU) to computer room busway.
- Power monitoring.
- All Light fixtures and Energy Management Lighting Controls.
- Branch and Emergency Power.
- Fire Alarm and Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) System.
- Site Lighting.
- All Data Network Cabling and Security rough-in.
- Performed Testing.
- Provided Level 5 commissioning support.
Constructed - 2016
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Lighthouse Electric Company, Inc.